Japan Digital Insights & Business Intelligence Manager
We are looking for an energetic, motivated experienced Social Insights or Digital Intelligence Manager, who is happy to take a leadership role in our Tokyo office. Ideally you’re an entrepreneurial self-starter who has a passion for identifying and delivering insights that drive impact, and is happy both managing clients and teams, and pitching in to do the analysis and insights work when needed.
This role is based in our Tokyo office and you will be interacting with a global team. You therefore must be self-motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
You should be fluent in English and have experience both in Social Media Analysis as well as Insights Reporting, Client Management and new Client Development. Agency experience and Digital Insights & Strategy experience are all a plus.
As our Japan Team is still growing this is a great opportunity to help us lead and develop our Japan Team, and expand our client connections and opportunities. The role will be quite entrepreneurial and you will be both expected to help us develop the market and team, but to work on projects in Japan with the team as needed.
You will work on a project basis, translating business questions into Social Listening queries in Japanese, that are then run through Social Listening Platforms to gather the right data set from online websites, forums and social media (like Syntheseo, Radian6, Crimson Hexagon etc.) You will then read through the conversations, tagging, categorizing and developing insights and recommendations in English in PPT to answer the business questions.
You must have a BA/BS or equivalent undergraduate degree or equivalent practical experience and possess excellent written communication skills and web analytic capabilities.
You will be required to:
1. Speak & write English and Japanese fluently. You should understand both the language and context of Japanese
2. Be digitally savvy - able to understand and engage on global and domestic Social Media platforms and the different types of communication by platform (Twitter vs Facebook vs Yahoo! Chiebukuro etc.). You should be conversant with abbreviations, platform specific words and acronyms, and local variations specific to Japan
3. Be experienced in using Social Listening tools like: Radian6, Synthesio or Sysomos or other global or domestic social listening platforms such as Kuchikomi@Kakaricho
4. Have experience writing Boolean queries for Social Listening, or have analytics experience using R language or SQL for presenting analytic insights
5. Have experience with qualitative and quantitative analytics and research
6. Be able to translate business questions to measurable KPI's and conduct social listening and analysis as well as able to develop insights and synthesize these insights in a format that can be shared back.
7. Work well independently as well as part of a team
8. Have excellent attention to detail
9. Have experience managing teams and individuals
10. Have experience managing clients and pitching new clients
- We provide ongoing training on new Social Media platforms and channels and Social Analytics techniques.
- We work to promote our company culture and a team based, learning environment for team members, and provide global learning opportunities with classes, conferences and events
- We have a multicultural working environment that rewards creativity, passion and drive
- Your hard work is rewarded not just by your salary, but by becoming a part owner of the company, as we make shares of the company available to our team